Lead can seriously affect the human central and peripheral nervous system, the cardiovascular system, and the kidneys and has gained considerable attention from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Accredited professionals perform surveys to determine the presence, location and conditions of lead-based paint (LBP) in a building by using an X-ray Fluorescence Analyzer to conduct In-situ analysis of painted surfaces and collecting bulk samples of suspect LBP and analyzing the samples in a laboratory by flame spectrophotometry.
BEC performs a risk assessment to evaluate potential sources of lead poisoning including paint, lead in dust, lead in drinking water, and even lead hazards from adjacent buildings or other off-site sources. BEC then recommends a process for handling the hazards.
BEC’s Lead Based Paint Consulting Services include:
- Paint Inspections, Surveys, and Sample Collection
- Lead Hazard Assessments
- Lead-based Paint Abatement Design
- Abatement Contractor Oversight
- Post-Abatement Clearance Sampling
- Bulk Air and Dust Sample Collection and Analyses
- Project Management and Contract Administration
- Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Programs